Monday, May 6, 2013

Do Re Mi Lessons

Sometimes I feel like "Do Re Mi" is my home-base.  We cover it in 2nd and review it at the beginning of 4th and 5th and use it extensively when playing recorder in 3rd.  I can't tell you how many games, powerpoints, and lessons I have that use these pitches.

At the beginning of the year, my older students logged their Do Re Mi learning in their interactive notebooks.  Here's an example page:
My Do Re Mi Song

At the beginning of the year I got quite a few new students.  I gave them some extra practice:
Do Re Mi Music Street
And we learned lots of fun songs (and some we got to learn later on the recorder):
Frog in the Meadow

Hop Old Squirrel

Rain is Falling Down

Closet Key

Sailor on the Sea
I also created a 5-page assessment (including a composition section):
I'll be posting some more in-depth Do Re Mi lessons from my Re Lesson Bundle soon - I've got quite a few new ideas for old favorites.

What Do Re Mi songs do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment