Monday, November 19, 2012

Music Interactive Notebook Pages - Tempos, Dynamics, and Articulations

I use these pages in my students' interactive notebooks. Often, when listening to a piece, the students are able to use these as a reference.  They are also available on our Word Wall.

Another way to use these is to print them out, laminate them, cut them up, and put them in a ziplock baggie. As students listen to a piece, they can select terms that they feel describe the piece.

Students can also quiz each other, such as asking a partner to say the Italian word for quiet (piano) or ask for the definition of a word.

The more practice, the better.  You can download these here, for free: Music Interactive Notebook Pages

Hope these are helpful!

3 comments:

  1. How have your Interactive notebooks worked out? Will you do it next year? Could you share with any more about how you use them? Your blog is wonderful! So many creative ideas that you are sharing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this info helps :)

    1. I enjoy using the Interactive Notebooks. They are a great place for students to log information and ideas about music. My only con with using them is I only have a 30 minute class period for music and sometimes we can spend almost the entire time working in them.

    2. Yes, I'll use them next year. My current 3rd and 4th graders will get to use theirs again next year and my 2nd graders will receive new ones.

    3. I can share more about them, I working on a post that relates to that, but it will take me a little longer than normal (busy busy!) I have a few other examples on this blog about their use, but basically we use them to log information about new pitches, rhythms, vocabulary, listening selections, performance reviews, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the info. The time issue was one of the things I worried about. Do the students keep the notebooks in the Music room? Is that how they get to keep them from year to year? Do you provide the notebooks or do parents send them in?

      Based on the number of pins of your notebook pages, I think lots of us would love to see a more detailed post about how you use them.

      Thanks again for all you share with us. And I love your TpT products!

      Delete