Monday, December 3, 2012

Santa Songs - Do Pentatonic (G Major) - more to come!

Another folder game for you!  (I just love them).  My awesome first graders were working with Holiday Rhythm Folder Games last week while I fitted them for their costumes for the Winter Program (I need a sewing machine - it was sooo time consuming).

Anyways, I'm working on a set of holiday melody folder games (including Do pentatonic in various keys, Mi-So-La in various keys, and So-Mi in various keys). 

This one, Santa Songs is a lot like the Turkey one I posted around Thanksgiving time.  I like to pair it with the song, "Up on the Housetop" - the verse of that song is also in Do pentatonic.

Tip: If students finish early, you can ask them to time themselves (have timers or use a clock) and have them try the task again (or you can simply ask them to try it again and see if goes faster/more smoothly).  You can also sing a pattern and have students find it (or select a student to sing).  You can even play a pattern on the recorder and have students find it.  My students work in pairs for this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment