Sunday, February 17, 2013

Music Spelling - St. Patrick's Day Edition



While my younger kids are busy using the products on my previous post, my older ones (3-5) will be using these.  They pretty much have a new folder game, worksheet, group game, or matching game each time they come to class now!  Fun stuff!

The students will match the pots of gold:
To the Leprechaun:

Also included is a Power Point that works like the ones in my previous post.  Students have to identify the "word" spelled out by the coins to help the Leprechaun collect all his loose change.

I'm also going to print off this staff worksheet for students to dictate the melodies along with the Power Point (plus any additional ones they can think of).  I'm hoping to find some cute four-leaf clover confetti/table scatter or coin tokens - I also have green bingo chips so those will work out also.
You can download this activity here: Music Spelling - St. Patrick's Day Edition

2 comments:

  1. Good morning my dear, I just wanted to take a minute to tell you what a tremendous blessing you are. This is my first year back to full time teaching after taking off 12 years to have my family and then suffer a series of health problems that resulted in brain surgery. It's a small miracle I'm able to hear music at all, let alone teach it! I work for a very small school that has no music curriculum and so I create everything I use for the PreK - 5th grade Music classes. The lessons I have purchased along with visiting your blog have taken a tremendous load of preparation from my shoulders during this year of transition and change for me and my family. Thank you for all your hard work and please know how much I appreciate it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for your kind words. I'm glad that I could help. You must be incredibly dedicated to go back to teaching after 12 years. Blessings for the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete