Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bunny Bop

I created this activity for my Kinder students, although I'll probably have 1st grade play it also.  The idea for the game came to me after my trip to Dollar Tree (gotta love it).

The song is called, "Bunny Bop" and you can download it here: Bunny Bop

think I'm going to relate it to "Little Bunny Foo Foo" - which is a little violent for me, but this video is pretty cute.  Plus, you could easily add some maracas/drums to this.

Here's a few slides from the Power Point:
Lyrics Slide
Steady Beat Slide - hop to the beat

Rhythm Preparation Slide

Melodic Preparation Slide


Rhythm Printable, of course
Now, obviously, you're going to have to set some "bopping" parameters.  Students should hold the green, leafy part of the carrot and lightly tap the runny bunnies with the orange end.  Go into a big discussion about what could happen if you hit a bunny too hard, etc.  Here's the carrot (available at Dollar Tree):




I also found some cute carrot "Easter eggs" which I'll use on our floor staff to create So-Mi melodies as a wrap-up activity.

Cute stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love this idea and I am thinking of using it this year. I am wondering, what is the Orffestation that you use? (This is mentioned in the game directions!)
    Thanks for sharing, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure!

    First, the hand drums and/or wood blocks (I equate that sound to "thud" or "bop") play on the quarter rests during the song.

    Second, the xylophones (soprano and alto set in C pentatonic - no F's or B's) play a broken chord bordun (C-G-C-G on quarter notes) during the song. During the "chase" they improvise on the instruments using the rhythm of the words "hop little bunny".

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete