Sunday, March 3, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Rhythm Page

My students have also enjoyed holiday-themed rhythm activities (such as Spooky Rhythms for Halloween and Valentine Song for Valentine's Day).

I created this one, St. Patrick's Day Rhythms for use in the next few weeks.  By now, my students can complete this activity without any help from me, but with our first worksheets like this, I modeled clapping the word/picture, deciding the number of claps (1, 2, 3) and choosing the correct rhythm (quarter note, eighth note pair, or both).  The students then cut out the pictures, clap and say each picture, and glue it in the correct place.  Easy little assessment for you!

Check out these other St. Patrick's Themed Games:
1. Pot 'o Gold So and Mi
2. Pot 'o Gold Mi-So-La
3. Pot 'o Gold - Music Spelling

Here's an example (from the So and Mi):

No comments:

Post a Comment